What my cat did
我的猫做了什么
One day I was sitting in a chair drinking a cup of tea.
一天,我坐在椅子上喝着一杯茶。
My cat came into the room and sat on my lap.
我的猫走进房间,坐在我腿上。
She was quite content, and she sat there purring.
她很满足,坐在那里咕哝着。
My cat likes to drink water, and sometimes she drinks milk.
我的猫喜欢喝水,有时她喝牛奶。
I would never give her tea to drink.
我从来不会给她茶喝。
Cats just don’t drink tea.
猫就是不喝茶。
We were sitting there quietly when suddenly my cat stood up.
我们静静地坐在那里,突然我的猫站了起来。
She was looking at something on the floor.
她在看地板上的东西。
She crouched down low and got ready to pounce.
她蹲下准备突袭。
It was a huge centipede.
那是一只巨大的蜈蚣。
I think that centipedes are ugly.
我觉得蜈蚣很丑。
They have many legs, and they move very fast.
它们有许多腿,而且移动得很快。
I would hate to have one crawl over me.
我不想有东西在我身上爬行。
I was surprised that she caught the centipede.
我很惊讶她抓住了蜈蚣。
She put her paw on it, and then she reached down and ate the centipede.
她把爪子放在上面,然后她伸手去吃蜈蚣。
The centipede must not have tasted very good.
蜈蚣的味道一定不太好。
My cat got a funny look on her face, and she looked like she was trying to get a bad taste out of her mouth.
我的猫脸上露出了滑稽的表情,看起来她正试图从嘴里吐出不好的味道。
I was thinking that I would be sick if I ate a centipede.
我在想,如果我吃了蜈蚣,我会生病的。
My cat looked at me and jumped back up in my chair.
我的猫看着我,跳回到我的椅子上。
She stuck her face in my teacup and took a big drink of tea.
她把脸伸进我的茶杯,喝了一大杯茶。
I was shocked.
我很震惊。
I had never seen a cat drink tea before.
我以前从未见过猫喝茶。
I think that the centipede must have tasted so bad that my cat just needed something to wash the taste out of her mouth.
我想蜈蚣的味道一定很糟糕,我的猫只需要一些东西来洗掉它嘴里的味道。
Guess what?
你猜怎么着?
I didn’t finish my tea.
我没喝完茶。
I threw it out and washed out the cup.
我把它扔了,把杯子洗了。
My cat has never had a drink of tea since that day.
从那天起,我的猫就再也没有喝茶了。
She has also never eaten another centipede.
她也从未吃过其他蜈蚣。
If a centipede walks by, she just pretends that she doesn’t see it.
如果一只蜈蚣经过,她只是假装没看见。
,